Friday, August 22, 2014

Wevents Review ; The Retro You



Photo Credits: Google

Lets just cut to the chase, i was super excited about the Wevents 4th anniversary party, themed 'the retro you'. I mean, common, the title says it all. We're practically living in the 21st century, and going back into time would be an amazing experience. Well, not exactly back in time, but well, maybe to dress according to a certain period would be an amazing experience. HAHA.

Theme: The Retro You
Date: 15th August 2014
Time: 6pm -9pm

I was looking forward to the event as the theme is super interesting and the fact that its a ladies night kind of event (not clubbing) where we can enjoy being women and not be judged, it was something any woman would look forward to after working, some womanly time! I had a great time and at this very moment, I'm not exactly sure where to start. LOL. 

So, i went with my high school peeps and also my mum, cause I've always think that my mum need a break from all the work that she has been going through to make sure me and my siblings have proper education and food. So, yes, i think i was the only one who actually brought my mum to the event. But lets just admit the fact that any working woman deserves a break right? And I'm proud to have my mum there with me. On the plus side, made me felt pretty young too. Win -Win situation.

Lets talk about how i decided what to wear that night. Theme, was pretty obvious as the whole event was called 'The Retro You', so we're pretty sure you're suppose to dress retro that night right? And what i did was what any other girl would do, ask uncle google. haha. So here are my findings that i wanted to look like.





POLKA DOTS! you can never go wrong with dots right?! Or am i procrastinating. lol.  Pretty much effortless really. Because i was too busy to think about what to wear that night, i wasn't sure what to do with my hair too. So i decided to drop by Number 76, and got @76Calvin to do my hair. & how was the results? Flawless. Thank you Calvin!

Before

With my hairstylist , Calvin

After
Im sure you're already wondering what i look like right? so, here's what i look like after some light make up, accessories, and a red retro head piece. drum rolls please.


 *drum rolls*




i guess it was close enough to what i wanted. yay! I was so sure that i was ready freddy! As i arrived the hotel, we were greated nicely by the registration team even though we were late. So kudos to the amazing team you have Wevents. Everyone was super nice! So here's my thank you for making me welcomed :)

(Photo taken from wevents official Facebook page.)
As we were seated, there were food for us to eat. Most of them pretty healthy, and its easy to eat too! It was more to light bites, which was good enough for me as we were going to be on the dance floor anyway. So here's a photo of me and my dates for that night. Thanks for the company girls.

While we enjoyed our meal, we had entertainment too by special strong women who were daring enough to be on stage. From dancing to singing their heart out. It was such a pleasant experience to be able to see how happy these women can be especially off working hours.


Me and my girls enjoying our meals and mango juice.

Singing her heart out, and she sounds amazing!
(Photo taken from wevents official Facebook page.)

Dancing with full expression with poetic body language.
(Photo taken from wevents official Facebook page.)
Activities were also happening, from bringing your old photos from the past for a show and  tell and also a competition for best dressed. Its funny that my mum was one of the finalist. GO MUM! haha. But i think it was mostly cause of the hat she was wearing. How can you not look at that big fancy hat walking around in the hall? :p

(Photo taken from wevents official Facebook page.)
The finalist for best dressed, congratulation girls, you guys look amazing nothingness :)

And the winner of best dressed goes to.. RUPA! Lets face it, who can beat her in that outfit.
(Photo taken from wevents official Facebook page.)
 And the party doesn't even end there yet, next was the open floor, we had to shake our booty and get some moves on the floor. how exciting! and the best dancer on the floor will win a prize from one of the sponsors. not a bad deal right? try and see if you can spot me on the floor. HEHE

You don't have to worry if you don't know how to dance though, because they had a professional dancer to give you instructions of what to do. What fascinated me the most was that our instructor was pregnant! Who says you can do work when you're pregnant? THUMBS UP TO  NIKKI LAW FOR BEING AMAZING! This proves that nothing can stop a woman from having fun.

(Photo taken from wevents official Facebook page.)

(Photo taken from wevents official Facebook page.)

(Photo taken from wevents official Facebook page.)
As the clock was slowly reaching 9pm, there was a lucky draw prize give away, and i didn't think i would win anything, so i decided to check out the pretty Photo Booth and take some snap shots before everyone jams the place up. hehe. So, here are some of the outcomes of the photo. It was so nice for the committee to email us the photos. The photo booth was by 123cheese as one of their sponsors. They also do Photo Booth for events, you can refer at the bottom of this post to find out how you can contact them :)

(Photo taken from wevents official Facebook page.)

Some props
(Photo taken from wevents official Facebook page.)

Don't we look amazingly Retro? ;D

And the fun doesn't end there! How can i forget about the goody bags?! Yes, we got tons of stuff by the sponsors, so thank you to Syoss Malaysia, Jurlique, E&O Hotel Penang, Simple Malaysia, Montagne Jeunesse Malaysia, BrandImage International, A Cut Above, Benefit Cosmetics, Marquise Patisserie Chocolaterie, Amante, Garett Popcorn, Ms Read, Dude and Duchess, Sundays, Colour Culture (OPI nail Bar) and also Carcosa Seri Negara. Check out whats in my goodie back, can't wait to use them all! :D




Well, i guess thats all for now, thank you Wevents for organising such an amazing event for the ladies. If you need any ideas on the party, do call me up. i would love to contribute some ideas to the team to make sure every women would have fun every once in a while. Im glad i attended my ever first Wevent event! So thank you for having me. Looking forward to your next event. I think you should limit to just 1 wevents in a year. (;

i hope you find this read, fascinating. Till my next post.
Love,
Aliza Sara



About WEvent
Wevent is the very first Women Only Men Not Invited social event for women, by women.

Events are held in a casual environment with the idea of bringing working professional women together for a fun evening. Women can build connections, network and make new friends, Its a platform for working women to let their hair down after a hard days of work.

You can find more information on their official websites here:
Official Website, by clicking here OR through Facebook by clicking here.

About 123 Cheese
123 Cheese is a mobile photo booth rental service for memorable parties & events in Malaysia.

You can find more information on their official websites here:
Official Website, by clicking here OR Facebook, by clicking here.

+Photo Credits:
WEvents Official Facebook Page
Google
Own photos


3 comments:

  1. Alo! Aliza!

    I love love loved your dress & whole style. I was wondering too waah where you bought it. You look wonderfully chic in it :)

    *I'm the girl in peach 20's style dress, with the camera walking around snapping & video. Sorry some of the pics. "goyang" a bit coz my hands were shaky haha.

    :D Glad you've enjoy the event too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, hello there!

      wish i said hi to you, but you seemed busy taking photos. haha.
      Anyways, I'm flattered. thank you! You totally made my day today :)

      well since you've been wondering, i got my dress from Twenty3. They sell amazing dresses! you should really check them out when you have time. i'll write down the link for your reference.

      No worries about the photos. I'm more worried if you took enough photos of yourself since you're so kind to be the photographer of the night! Teethe

      Twenty3: http://www.twenty3.my

      Well, i hope to see you again soon. and if you happen to see me anywhere, don't forget to say hi! :)

      Regards
      Sara

      Delete
  2. Alo! Aliza!

    I love love loved your dress & whole style. I was wondering too waah where you bought it. You look wonderfully chic in it :)

    *I'm the girl in peach 20's style dress, with the camera walking around snapping & video. Sorry some of the pics. "goyang" a bit coz my hands were shaky haha.

    :D Glad you've enjoy the event too!

    ReplyDelete